Thank you so much for your warmness. I tried to think of a word that described all the support and love I received after writing my last post, and the only word I could think of was “warmth.” I still feel weird/awkward/I’m-sorry-if-I-made-you-cry about putting that part of myself on the internet, but I think it was the right thing to do.
This year has been insane, but I thought I would answer the most common question I’ve been getting lately. “What are you going to do with your mortgage payment since you paid off your house?”
The answer is: I don’t know. There’s a lot of things we need to do like: pay off the little bit of debt we have left (almost there) or build up our savings. Instead, we’re taking a completely
irresponsible awesome breather. Just so this post doesn’t turn into a wicked rambler, here’s a list of 10 changes since we paid off our mortgage.
1. We got cable back. Ugh, I could have continued to live without it. I’m basically a Netflix-Junkie. But, my husband wanted sports… sports… and more sports. Not only do we have cable, but we have the entire SEC Network. This means I get to critique all the uniforms (or “outfits” as I like to call them).
2. We got a second tv–MOUNTED in our bedroom. I’ve been singing, “I’m so fancy…” for weeks.
3. We bought the dogs some new accessories–including a fancy brush called a “Furgopet” that’s supposed to stop shedding. We’re still looking for a brush that removes mud…
4. I bought some pants! I hadn’t bought work pants in FOREVER. One of my favorite pairs had a zipper that was barely hanging on. Okay, it was busted.
5. We went on an anniversary trip to Branson, Missouri. Home of hillbillies and pretty decent pant shopping.
6. We got a new couch. It fits us both, and it’s pretty stellar. I definitely don’t use the word stellar enough.
7. My husband is getting a new bow. I wish I was talking about hair bows. Or bowties. I’m not. He’s getting a new bow for killing friendly animals.
8. I got a promotion at work. I’ve been spending the last five weeks as an “Associate Director.” I know, what were they thinking?!
9. I’m working on getting my real estate license. If all goes as planned, I’ll be slinging houses by the end of the month.
10. We’re looking at purchasing our first investment property. I promise to tell you if we actually purchase one. Until then, I won’t mention it very much on this hot BlogSpot. I’ve been the girl-who-cries-real-estate-wolf too many times.
Have you had any life changes lately? I hope everything has been amazing for you lately!