Where did 2013 go? I think some aliens invaded earth and stole it. Will Smith, please save 2014 before it’s too late! C’mon Fresh Prince!
I’ll let you know what I hear back from Will, but until then, the show must go on. Here’s My 2014 Bucket List! I’m also going to recap my 2013 Bucket List at the end of this post. So, hang on you’re in for a wild ride. Okay, maybe not so wild. More like a really long kiddie ride. I promise it will be fun. Rick’s excited about it…
2014 Bucket List
1. Organize one room in my house every month (Reoccurring and taking the place of a January Challenge).
2. Lose 10 pounds through the Paleo Diet or South Beach Diet (February).
3. Go on a Vegas Vacation (March).
4. Run 365 miles (reoccurring and taking the place of an April challenge).
5. Go one month without artificial sugar (May). This one is going to be a doozie, because I’m a Diet Coke addict. You might not want to approach me during the month of May. I’ll probably give you one of these looks…
6. Learn to hula-hoop or whistle (June).
7. Go skydiving (July). I’m really nervous/excited about this! I’d love to have someone/anyone join me… if you’re up for the challenge.
8. Write 2 blog posts every week (Reoccurring). I’m planning on writing on Tuesdays and Fridays. I hope this is okay with you, let me know if it’s too much!
9. Become debt free– including paying off our house (September).
10. Write a fiction book and sell it on Amazon (October).
11. Do something spontaneous (November).
12. Make $1,000 of side income a month, by freelance writing/blogging/video projects (December).
I’m so excited about everything on my list! It took me three months to make this list. I had hundreds of ideas, but most of them didn’t make the cut. Like these three:
#1. Get a tattoo. Since I don’t know what I want to get, I’m going to hold off on it until next year. #2 Ride a Camel. I went through an exotic animals phase a couple weeks ago, but I’m over it now. That camel hump got bumped! #3 Get abs. This didn’t make the list because I’m pretty sure it’s impossible.
What’s not impossible? Most of the challenges on My 2013 Bucket List. Overall, it’s been an amazing year. Here is the official re-cap of My 2013 Bucket List.
1. Write and publish and an ebook. (Deadline:
This is DONE! Want a copy? Check it out here: MyYearlyBucketList Ebook.
2. Make a monthly video (Ongoing. First deadline: January 31)
I made 10 total, so technically I’m 2 down. However, since I make the rules around this place, I’m calling it a success!
3. Keep my car clean for a month. I was tired of riding around in a trash can on wheels. So were my passengers!!!
I finished this in January. Check out the results.
4. Finish P90X. (Deadline: March) This one was ugly. I threw it out in July. FAIL!
5. Do something really nice for Mr. We’ve Had them Since They Were Tiny. (Deadline: July)
Did this! We went fishing in the Gulf of Mexico!
6. Pay off 40K on our house (Ongoing)
Drum roll please… We didn’t make it. But, we got pretty close to our goal. We paid off $34,000 on our house. We were so close, I’m calling it a success. This was by far our biggest challenge this year. It took a lot of budgets, sweat, and time, and it’s been incredible and really miraculous to be a part of.
We started this year and didn’t even know how to get halfway to this goal, but sometimes, if you just set a goal and work really hard you can achieve results you never thought possible. It’s that whole, “reach-for-the-moon-you-might-land-among-the-stars…thing.” Even thought that saying is so overused that it makes me want to barf, it’s kind of true.
7. Invest in something besides retirement. (Deadline: December) FAIL
This one was pretty miserable. We’ve had a lot of fails here’s the last one that didn’t work out.
We just couldn’t make any traction on this challenge. I’m not sure why, we tried a lot of different stuff, from buying rental houses to starting side businesses. I think we could have made this work, if we wouldn’t have been so aggressive about trying to do #6.
8. Really help out a stranger. Or someone I know. Just help out another person in a big way. (Deadline: December)
9. Tithe every month.
We’ve tithed every month this year, and it had shocking results.
10. Eat low carb for a month. (March)
I did this and lost 10 pounds! I’ve kept them off, but I need to lose another set.
11. Sew something I can wear outside of the house (Deadline: September)
Done! Check out my project here.
12. Make a podcast (Deadline: August)
Done! Check out my podcast here.
13. Run in a 10k (Deadline: October)
Good news is I did it. Bad news? I was beat by a baby.
14. Wake up early for an entire month. Early means 6:00…a.m. (February September) NEVER!
This one is as dead as a bag of treats in front of Pink and Rick. I tried to wake up early a couple months ago, and I made it two (okay, one) morning. I’m officially declaring a…FAIL! Plus, I’m pretty sure dusk is as pretty as dawn anyway. Here’s a picture to prove it.
Overall, I completely failed at 3 challenges. Which isn’t so bad. Hopefully, I will have the same results in 2014…as long as those aliens don’t steal the year again! Are you working on your goals for next year? What do you think of my new list? Did I miss anything?