My whole life (or the last five years), I wanted to make a bucket list. But, it’s kind of morbid to think about, because you have to start thinking about death and mortality. So, I created this lighter version–it’s my yearly bucket list. It’s like the fat free version of bucket lists. It’s a great way to stay focused on goals and just random stuff I want to try. If you want to read about the bucket list beginnings, start here. If you want to get on with the post: here ya go.
1. Write and publish and an ebook. (Deadline: June)
Working on it- sort of- I haven’t actually written anything, but I’ve got ideas in my mind. I’m not giving up, but I’m not going to have anything done by June. So, my new deadline is December.
1. Make a monthly video (Ongoing. First deadline: January 31)
I haven’t released a video every month, but I’ve sporadically released four throughout the year. So, I’m counting this as a success. Here’s my latest editions:
My Dog Dances Like This Cowboy
Or Check Out This work project!
2. Keep my car clean for a month. I was tired of riding around in a trash can on wheels. So were my passengers!!!
I did this! Check out the results. My car, her name is Colbie, has maintained a semi-clean appearance since then. If I could only get her to stop leaving random papers and cups around. Oh, wait that was me?
3. Finish P90X. (Deadline: March)
This one was ugly. I got to about P 65X. So, I’m calling it a fail, and I’m tossing it out of my bucket list. That’s the great thing about bucket lists, if you don’t like something, just toss it out!
4. Do something really nice for Mr. We’ve Had them Since They Were Tiny. (Deadline: July)
I haven’t found exactly what I’m going to do yet. I’ve been having lunch with him like he asked, but I don’t think this is big enough. Now I’m thinking about buying him a zoo animal. Or making him a samurai sword. Maybe both.
5. Pay off 40K on our house (Ongoing)
We’re up to $15,000. We’re a little behind because we got wrapped up in the next goal…
6. Invest in something besides retirement. (Deadline: December)
This is what has been sucking most of my time lately. We’re buying a foreclosure. It’s intense, and I’m tired of writing about it, but here’s an update.
Our financing fell through because apparently you can’t have two FHA loans at the same time.
1. We didn’t know we currently have an FHA loan. 2. We didn’t know you can’t have two at the same time. 3. Then, we had to find conventional financing which made us start all over. 4. I’m about to give up. 5. We should officially know again in about a week if the new financing goes through. 6. I don’t even care anymore…except I keep lusting over design websites….so maybe I still care a little.
7. Really help out a stranger. Or someone I know. Just help out another person in a big way. (Deadline: December)
I’ve been looking around my life for someone to help. I’ve found a few people, but we’re still looking for the best way to help them.
8. Tithe every month.
We’ve tithed every month this so far, and this item has shocking results.
I’m working on a post about how it changed our lives. Because it has. I’m up for a raise at work, and Mr. We’ve Had Them Since They Were Tiny already got a raise. Coincidence? I don’t know, but I am working on a post about it– because I was the most skeptical giver ever.
9. Eat low carb for a month. (March)
I did this and lost 10 pounds! Yay! I need to do it again.
10. Sew something I can wear outside of the house (Deadline: September)
11. Make a podcast (Deadline: August)
12. Run a 10K or more. (Deadline: October)
13. Wake up early for an entire month. Early means 6:00…a.m. (February) I picked February for this– because it’s a short month. And I HATE mornings.
I never did this. I’m moving it to July, but I may dump it out of my bucket entirely.
Overall, I’m doing okay. I’m going to focus on the e-book this month. Maybe I can write a chapter to start with?
If you want to make progress on your goals, it’s not too late to make a bucket list. Since we’re halfway through the year maybe you could make a half-bucket list?
If you made goals for this year, how are they going?
psst… if you like this post, please follow my blog. Just type your email address in the box in the right hand column. Then, you will get an email when I post something new/crazy. It would mean a lot to Pink and Rick. They are always bragging to other dogs about how many followers they have.