Ok, it’s time for a bucket list update. I’m pretty excited to write this, because I’ve made some progress… ‘some’ is a key word here.
1. Write and publish and an ebook. (Deadline: June)
This is the bucket list item I’m most excited about, and I think I have an idea to write about. BUT I’m terrified. I’m scared everyone will think it’s stupid.
I’ve heard the things people want most are the most terrifying to them. But, I don’t think this is true because I’m terrified of snakes, spiders and mayonnaise. I definitely don’t want them all over me.
Anyway I have an idea, and I may get laughed at by a square of angry villagers dressed up like the insane clown posse.
But, because I only have one idea, I’m probably going to go with it and face the clowns. So, maybe I can flush it out and tell you about it in April?! Maybe… I’m still terrified though.
2. Make a monthly video (Ongoing. First deadline: January 31)
Challenge complete in February! Here’s the link.
3. Sew something I can wear outside of the house (Deadline: September)
I haven’t started.
4. Make a podcast (Deadline: August)
I haven’t started this either, but I have an idea.
5. Keep my car clean for a month. I’m tired of riding around in a trash can on wheels. So are my passengers!!! (January)
Completed in January! Update: My car is messy agin. But, it’s not dirty like it used to be. So, success!
6. Wake up early for an entire month. Early means 6:00…a.m. (February) I picked February for this– because it’s a short month. And I HATE mornings.
I switched this goal to March, but it’s been a complete fail. So, I am scooting it to April.
7. Run a 10K or more. (Deadline: October)
I sort of started this. I ran a half a mile yesterday.
8. Finish P90X. (Deadline: March)
We kind of fizzled off. I think I have to call this one a fail.
9. Do something really nice and for Mr. We’ve Had them Since They Were Tiny. (Deadline: July)
I had a couple of ideas for this one, but I decided to ask him what he wanted. He said he wants me come eat lunch with him one Saturday a month during his busy time (he works 10-12 hours a day, six days a week during the summer).
Sometimes I try to make our relationship complicated by trying to guess what he wants, but from now on I’m just going to ask. Way easier! And, he gets what he wants. Plus, it was pretty sweet of him to say he wants to see me more. Awwwww! Blahhhhhh! Maaaaa! (I love words that are just noises! I think they call these onomatopoeias. I’m going to write an entire blog post full of them one day.)
10. Pay off 40K on our house (Ongoing).
We’re doing good on this one. We’ve paid off $11,000 on our house so far this year. We used part of Mr. We’ve Had Them Since They Were Tiny’s yearly bonus and some of my paychecks.
I guess we’re on track to completing this goal. However, we won’t get any other extra money for another year, so from now on back to the mortgage pay off grind.
11. Really help out a stranger. Or someone I know. Just help out another person in a big way. (Deadline: December)
I still haven’t started this one. But, I gave some money to a girl outside Walmart this week who had a sign saying she was lost. Can I just do a bunch of little things all year?
12. Tithe every month. Ugh. This one hurts, because I’m not a cheerful giver yet. But, I’m working on it. (Ongoing)
We tithed in January. One month down!
We tithed in February… and March! Two and three months down!
I’m still not a cheerful giver, but tithing is becoming a part of our routine, so that helps.
13. Eat low carb for a month. (March)
Check! I lost seven pounds. It should have been more… but I’ll take what I can get. I really liked going low carb, and I learned A TON about what to eat and how eating protien helps curb cravings. So, I think this was a success.
14. Invest in something besides retirement. I’m not sure what this will be, but I have been reading investment books, and I feel like I should try something. (Deadline: December)
I actually started a personal business venture this month. It’s going okay. I can’t wait to tell you all about it! But, I think I’ve done enough rambling so I’m going to sign off.
We are three months into our beautiful new year! How are your goals?