I’ve had the same New Year’s Resolutions for the past 11 years. They are: lose weight, pray more, and… I forget the third. I think it’s something about running more or writing more. I can’t even remember! That’s how lame I am at New Year’s Resolutions!
|The dogs need to make a resolution not to be crazy next year.|
Also, I’ve always loved the idea of a bucket list. You know, the list of things you want to do before you die? Unfortunately, the idea of a bucket list is linked to the idea of death. So, it’s kinda morbid. So, I never think about it very long.
Here’s my conclusion. I’m going to make a 2013 Bucket List! This way, I don’t have to think about death… and maybe I can get something cool accomplished this year. That’s killing two birds with one stone! Dang… here I go talking about something dying again.
Anyway, without further morbid thoughts. Here it is! My 2013 Bucket List.
1. Write and publish and an ebook. (Deadline: June)
3. Sew something I can wear outside of the house (Deadline: September)
4. Make a podcast (Deadline: August)
5. Keep my car clean for a month. I’m tired of riding around in a trash can on wheels. So are my passengers!!! Don’t judge me. Or do. Either way is okay. (January)
6. Wake up early for an entire month. Early means 6:00…a.m. (February)
I picked February for this– because it’s a short month. And I HATE mornings.
7. Run a 10K or more. (Deadline: October)
8. Finish P90X. (I started this a couple weeks ago) (Deadline: March)
9. Do something really nice and for Mr. We’ve Had them Since They Were Tiny. (Deadine: July)
10. Pay off 40K on our house (Ongoing)
11. Really help out a stranger. Or someone I know. Just help out another person in a big way. (Deadline: December)
12. Tithe every month. Ugh. This one hurts, because I’m not a cheerful giver yet. But, I’m working on it. (Ongoing)
13. Eat low carb for a month. (March)
14. Invest in something besides retirement. I’m not sure what this will be, but I have been reading investment books, and I feel like I should try something. (Deadline: December)
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions for next year? Or perhaps a 2013 Bucket List of your own? I’d love to hear about it.
p.s. check out how I already failed at one goal here!